Steamed stockfish ala Line
Steamed stockfish with carrot stew
We got this recipe from Line.
Steam or pull the stockfish as long as fresh fish, 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness. Use lightly salted water to draw it.
- Wash, clean and cut carrot into cubes.
- Boil them barely tender in lightly salted water, approx. 4 minutes.
- Strain from the boiling water.
- Make sauce by heating liquid margarine in a saucepan, stir in flour and dilute with milk, a little at a time.
- Stir well and bring to a boil between each time. ...
- Stir in the carrot cubes and season with salt and nutmeg.
Serve with crispy bacon - Good dinner!